What’s your Motivational Style?February 8, 2010
Struggling with the Juggling?March 9, 2010
One of things keeping me on track at the moment is a wider sense of accountability I have…namely to my running partners and my support team. This weekly snippet widens the net even further! I am now accountable to you…nothing like a bit of pressure to provide weekly updates on progress…goals in action so to speak. SO here it is in a nutshell:
- sore sore legs not used to running time and surprisingly an aching glut muscle from a hill walk!
- having to get up at 6am last week for an early morning run just so I could fit it in my day before I left on a girls weekend away.
- a sense of mild panic about what lies ahead, ie the training, the unknown factor of the run itself, will I have done enough?
- running at 6.15am along a new route with a different bunch of friends who out of sheer madness do this early morning running every week!
- smug satistaction that I’m getting back to running fitness quite quickly after the summer break, not bad for 41!
- writing up my running diary and tracking my inital progress…feeling organised and on top of things.
- setting up another layer of accountability, another way of saying it outloud via the blog to a wider audience.
“To me, good health is more than just exercise and diet. It’s really a point of view and a mental attitude you have about yourself.”